About Acute Care Conditions and Procedures
We are both on staff and on call at local hospitals in various healthcare systems throughout the region.
We handle acute healthcare needs, as well as scheduled procedures. After hours, one of our physicians is on call.
Our interventional radiologists treat a variety of upper and lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeds including:
- Esophageal Varices
- Vascular Malformations
Other types of acute care provided by RIA Endovascular are:
- Pulmonary Embolism
- This occurs when a blood clot, which has traveled to the lungs, becomes embedded in the lungs and cuts off the oxygen supply. This can cause heart failure.
- Organic Obstruction with Sepsis
- RIA Endovascular interventional radiologists successful intervene with organ obstruction including abdominal, stomach, colon, bilary and esophageal obstructions.
- Post-partum Hemorrhage
- To control hemorrhage after childbirth, our interventional radiologists are in the hospital and on-call after regular office hours to provide acute care.
- Emergency Trauma – Traumatic Injuries
- Interventional radiologists use a variety of techniques to treat trauma victims with massive bleeding, to control hemorrhage after childbirth, and as a treatment prior to surgery to decrease blood loss. Stent grafts are often used for trauma cases to repair and stabilize an artery instead of open surgical repair.
Jump to a Service
Schedule your consultation
Interested in discussing your situation with us? Please fill out this form and we will be in contact with you to make a consultation appointment.