Annie Collum, BSN, RN
Annie Collum, BSN, RN is the RIA Senior Manager, Physician Liaison in Denver, Colorado
May 25, 2021minimally invasive, treatment
Interventional Treatments for Knee Pain
If you are experiencing pain in your knee joints, talk with one of our interventional radiologists to find out what can be done.
At RIA Endovascular, we are here to help you with minimally invasive treatments that change lives.
Whom can we help?
Patients with knee arthritis who:
• Are not medical candidates for knee replacement surgery.
• Wish to delay or avoid knee replacement.
• Have persistent pain after knee replacement.
• Have failed other conservative treatments for knee pain (steroid injections, hyaluronic acid).
Treatments offered at RIA Endovascular:
• Embolization: Reduction of blood flow to the painful knee tissue. This is typically performed for mild to moderate knee arthritis.
• Nerve ablation: Stop nerve signals from the painful knee. This is typically performed for moderate to severe knee arthritis and for those with failed knee replacements.
Procedures are performed in an outpatient setting under conscious sedation. Patients can expect improvement in pain, function and quality of life. Treatment effect lasts six months to two years after the procedure.
Call RIA Endovascular at 720.493.3406 or visit riaendovascular.com/services/treatments-knee-pain to learn more.